White Paper Office
- Digital Stationary
- How it works
- The Workflow
- Additional Opportunities
- Instructional Video
Edmond Document Solutions have created a solution – called White Paper Office – for dealing with the cost and hassle of preprinted stationary. Corporate logos, letter heads and other fixed content are added digitally to documents before printing, using Eddoc Weaver. Checking paper trays for the correct paper type is no longer needed: only plain paper is used.
Choosing stationary is done the same way ordinary paper type selection is done: the desired paper type is selected in a word processor or from the printer settings. Applying the appropriate graphics is done completely transparent to the end user.
The solution integrates into the Windows print spooler architecture and can be combined with the other capabilities that Eddoc Weaver offers.
Deployment of a White Paper Office solution means
- eliminating stocks of preprinted paper
- preventing the – hidden and apparent – cost of handling printer paper supplies
- replacing preprinted paper by digital graphics
- Create unique stationary for multiple branches
- Instantly make modifications accordingly to administration changes
- Easily and cost efficiently change corporate image
How it works
Eddoc Weaver is used to add graphics as a background to pages when needed. The user selects the digital stationary in the same way as ordinary preprinted stationary is selected. This can be through the page settings of a document, as for instance can be done in MS Word, or by choosing settings in a printer dialog.
The available paper types are determined in advance in the printer driver on the server. An Eddoc Weaver workflow configuration binds the paper types in the print job to the intended graphics.
Eddoc Weaver is deployed on a Windows server. Two integration options are available for the implementation:
1. WPO print processor. Integrates with the Windows print spooling system in the standard way.
2. WPO server. Runs as a separate service on the server. This service offers more integration options in comparison to the print processor and offers more flexibility for processing documents. The server can be used in environments that are not Windows-only or in cases where software uses proprietary printer drivers.
- Processing files as a service outside of the printing system; a client submitting a file receives the result back.
- Connecting print queues through the JetDirect protocol; supported on non-Windows systems.
- Submitting processed jobs via the LPD printing protocol, easily extensible.
- Capability to aggregate jobs and process them in one run; for instance for creating batch print jobs from individual documents.
- Server side binding of job ticket information to a print queue so that the upstream systems can remain unchanged; this can be a requirement for integration with back-office systems.
At the end user location only the printer definition used for printing will change.
The versatility of Eddoc Weaver allows a lot of variations with additional features. For instance, adding OMR or barcodes for inserter machines, an extra output channel that produces PDF with index information for archiving, adding barcodes or sorting for postal services.
The White Paper Office solution can be combined with third party solutions like follow-me printing, secure printing or chargeback, such as Equitrac.