To enhance print-ready documents, “Document Recompose” can be achieved with Eddoc Xtra. The following cases would benefit from “Document Recompose”:
- Replacement of an outdated logo or address field
- Requiring dynamic mail sorting codes to received discounts from different postal providers
- New inserter machines requires an new OMR
- Adding a 2D data matrix code to enable scanning and further processing when documents are returned to organizations.
The “Document Recompose” functionality also supports transactional promotional (TransPromo). Content can either be added conditionally depending on variables chosen by you or static. Enhance your documents by:
- Adding images or text
- Adding color or highlights
- Adding overlays or underlays
The “Document Recompose” solution makes it very easy for every organization or department to change the look and feel of any print-ready document to increase effectiveness. There is no need to change the source code. While configuration-based, using a WYSISWIG approach, the elements can be added/replaced on a documents easily.
The needs of product and marketing managers are continuously changing; specifications of conditions documents may need some alterations while a new insert was developed to be sent to customers who purchased a specific item. Usually, this results in manual actions for the print and mail employees. For example, change the settings of the inserting machine or manually insert specific sheets in specific envelopes. The Edmond “Optimized Production Preparation” solution is designed to support the print and mail department to handle multiple data streams of different formats. This will help support the following functionality:
- Produce a new data stream that merges AFP invoices with PDF inserts
- Insert OMR codes to facilitate electronic and physical inserts depending on variables e.g. insurance policy requires specific inserts dependent on a policy number.
- Insert and delete pages when conditions become obsolete and need replacement e.g. contracts
The “Optimized Production Preparation” solution could save many hours of frustrating manual labor while preparing the outgoing document for final distribution.
Long term Electronic Archival
Long term archival of electronic documents could be a requirement by legislation or other demands.
PDF/A is currently the ISO standard for digital archiving and is a standard in different governments.
The standard PDF/A can be used in legal cases, fraud detection, call center support, or an Internet customer portal. “Long term electronic archival” supports PDF/A as well as TIFF and PDF. Data streams processed for printing may have a parallel process to create an electronic format for the archival in a document management system. The solution also supports the automated extraction and creation of meta- or index data. The meta-data can be used to create an additional file which will be used by the electronic archival solution during the import. Alternatively the meta-data can be incorporated in the data stream itself. When the archival is based on the complete data stream and a data stream archive is used, this could be very useful.